We are Sam + Bryt, wife and wife elopement photographers, business educators, and LGBTQ+ activitists! We are so freaking excited that you are here!
If you are ready to go on an adventure, feel empowered, or learn how to level up your business, we are your girls! So.. what are you waiting for? Let's do this thing!
COVID-19 has really caused the whole world to rethink the way events are happening! No longer can we congregate in groups over 10, 15, 20. This has caused us to have to think out of the box to make sure we are still including those who are important to us on the most important day of our lives! So, we gathered a few neat ideas and are excited to present you with ways to include your family + friends in your wedding during COVID-19!
This one is perhaps the most obvious one but one of the easiest ones as well! You can use Google Meet or Zoom to live-stream your ceremony! You could also create a Facebook event with all of your guests and go “live” in your group during your ceremony or have a virtual toast with them afterwards!
Teleconferencing is a great way to keep family members involved during COVID-19. But another way to include family members is to send them a box with treats that you’ve personally picked (Or maybe you already have!) .
First design a box that fits your wedding style. Pick a dessert, drink to cheers with and send your wedding itinerary. Since the wedding will be viewable by teleconference, you have the option to host a toast at a certain time for all your family and friends viewing your wedding remotely. You could also put one of your engagement photos inside so the “guests” can take a photo with the two of you on your wedding day!
Steps to making a wedding gift basket:
3. Include an itinerary for your wedding or even a cute direction sheet! You can make one on Canva for free! Maybe you could even have your guests upload pictures of themselves all dolled up for your wedding!
4. Include any other extra party favors that you were going to do like koozies, jam, candy, etc!
5. Add in some live (or fake) floral to make it more “extra” if ya know what I mean 😉
6. Grab some cute shipping boxes. Add some filler like tissue paper or kraft paper!
7. Mail them using paypal or pirate ship so you don’t even have to leave your house!
Once you get your photos or sneak peeks back from you amazing photog you could put them together in a cute video using imovie or an online program such as Animoto. Then, in your Wedding Facebook group, you could “premier” the video so that everyone can watch it at the same time! That way no guests feels left out and all of them can enjoy photos from your special day!
Since you weren’t able to have guests at your wedding, consider including them in a collaborative guest book. Ideas could include:
1. Asking them for a recipe card to make a recipe book for you and your new spouse. (You could even digitize this and send it back out to all of your guests!)
2. Asking them for date night ideas
3. Ask them for photographs of them in their wedding attire and you could make a photo album of them all dressed up! They could write well wishes on the back of the photo!
Well, there ya have it! Even though you can’t technically have guests at your wedding right now, you CAN still include them! We hope you enjoyed reading about ways to Include Your Family + Friends in Your Wedding during COVID-19!
What other ideas do you have to include your guests? We’d love to know below!
Also, we were so excited to work with our cousin, Megan Switzer, to create this post! Click here to see another post that she collaborated with us on!
Sam + Bryt